Wednesday, September 25, 2013
I am a writer.
Today we launched our writer's workshop. What? It's the third week of school. Don't worry, we've been writing daily since the very first day of school. Now that we know the expectations and how to be independent, we are beginning to get serious about our writing. Today we discussed "I am a writer." I told the class that if you are sitting on my rug (everyone), then you are a writer. If you can write your own name, you are a writer. We discussed how writing involves taking a risk, and you have to be willing to try something you maybe haven't done before. Today the students had the option to write about anything that they want. They now have a beautifully labeled writing folder that they can keep in their desk, and they have a sticker on the inside of their writing folder that says "I am a writer."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment