Monday, July 29, 2013

2nd Grade

It's official! I'm going to be teaching second grade this coming 2013-2014 school year! I couldn't be more excited. Second grade has always been a dream of mine, and I am really looking forward to working with such an amazing team. I had two favorite teachers growing up; Mr. Noland (who currently teaches at Briar Woods HS) and Ms. Goff-- my 2nd grade teacher.  I think the fond memories of mine from second grade, mixed with the love of that age are what has driven me towards this goal. I love the independence that a 2nd grader possesses mixed with the sweet innocence and genuine desire to learn.
I went to my classroom today to drop off a few things that have been making my hubby crazy sitting around the house. It just made the feeling real as I walked into my future classroom. However, I'm looking to a few more weeks of swimming, having fun, and being mommy.
See you soon friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment